• Static electricity or surge voltage damages the High Power LED. It is recommended that a wrist band or an anti-electrostatic glove be used when handing the LEDs.
• A tip soldering iron is requested to be grounded, An ionizer should also be installed where risk of static.
• All devices, equipment and machinery must be properly grounded, It is recommended that measures be taken against surge voltage to the equipment that mounts the High Power LED.
• When the LEDs are illuminating, operating current should be decided after be considering the ambient maximum temperature.
• Please consider the heat generation of the LED when it is designed the PCB.
• The LEDs must be mounted on metal core PCB or heat sink or applied thermal pad.
JRALED recommends the following at all times when handing LEDs or assemblies containing the these LEDs:
• When handing the LED with tools like Tweezer or Nipper, do not apply Mechanical Forces directly on LED's Surface.
• Do not touch with hand LED Lens surface directly. It may contaminate the Lens surface and affect on optical characteristics.
• LED should be handled from side because LED's molding material may be damaged with scratching on surface, piercing molding material and broking wire.
(The picture below just for reference)
Attention: Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Protection
The symbol shown above herein to introduce"Electro-Optical-Characteristics". ESD protection for AIGaInP and InGaN is based chips is still necessary even though they are safe in low static-electic discharge. Material in AIGaInP and InGaN based chips are STATIC SENSITIVE devices. ESD protection has to considered and taken in the initial design stage. If manual work is needed, please ensure the device is well protective from ESD during all the process.