* Light (energy conversion) efficiency - that is more energy than traditional light bulbs high.
* Response (switching) time faster - up to a high flicker frequency.
* Long life - up to 35,000 ~ 50,000 hours, relative fluorescent is 10,000 ~ 15,000 hours, 1,000 to 2,000 hours of incandescent lamps.
* Resistant to shocks and other mechanical impact - because it is solid-state components, the relative fluorescent, incandescent, etc. can withstand a greater shock.
* Small size - the volume itself can be made very small (less than 2mm).
* Easy to focus on - because light is small, easy-to-lens, etc. and to achieve the required level of distribution, by changing the shape of its packaging, the direction from the large-angle scattering as well as focus on the small angle can be achieved. Please indicate comes from LEDSOPTIC.
* A variety of colors - can not add filter to provide a variety of different colors, and color is strong.
* Rich color gamut - LED cover wide color gamut than other light sources.
The disadvantage of LED
* Heat dissipation, if the heat will significantly shorten the life of the poor.
* LED light power of low-end or below the energy-saving lamps (cold cathode tubes, CCFL).
* The initial purchase cost is higher.
* LED light source direction due to strong LED lighting design needs to consider the special optical properties. Please indicate comes from LEDSOPTIC.
The first application of semiconductor PN junction light-emitting LED light source made of the principle came in the early 1960s. Use at the time material is GaAsP, hair red (λp = 650nm), the drive current of 20 mA, the luminous flux is only a few lumens per thousand, the corresponding luminous efficiency of about 0.1 lumens / watt. Please indicate comes from LEDSOPTIC.
The mid-1970s, the introduction of elements of In and N, the LED produces green (λp = 555nm), yellow (λp = 590nm) and orange (λp = 610nm), luminous efficiency is also increased to 1 lumen / watt.
To the early 1980s, there has been GaAlAs LED light source, so red LED light efficiency of 10 lumens / watt.
The early 1990s, of red, yellow light GaAlInP and hair green and blue GaInN of the successful development of two new materials to make LED light effect has been greatly improved. In 2000, the former is made of LED in red, orange area (λp = 615nm) light efficiency of 100 lumens / watt, which is made in the green region of the LED (λp = 530nm) light efficiency can reach 50 lm / watts. Please indicate comes from LEDSOPTIC.